Thursday 9 May 2013

Today is one of the hottest days that we have had, everyone is heading off to the beach to work on their tans!! I have just finished my classes for the day - we have a mix of grammar classes and conversation classes so it keeps it quite interesting. The people in my class are all so nice and from a lot of different countries so I really enjoy the conversation classes.

Yesterday after class we went on an excursion to the Alcazaba of Malaga. I managed to get a lot of pictures from the top with views spanning over Malaga centre and the port. Afterwards, our group went to a famous bar "el pimpi" for vino dulce which Malaga is well known for. I have never tried the sweet wine but I liked it and you drink it out of small glasses - sort of like a shot glass but not that quickly! Later on, we went to 100 Mundalitos which is a tapas bar right in the port. . On Wednesdays and Sundays the they sell tapas for just 1 euro!! I also tried vinto de verano for the first time and agree with the Spanish - it is very refreshing! It was fun to do this as a group and get to know the others more, I had a really nice time

Today we have a trip to see some caves which I am looking forward to. We meet in the centre of Malaga again which is about a 30 minute walk from our apartment. It is such a nice walk along the seafront.

The town that we are staying in is just out of the centre and it is lovely. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. There are restaurants on the beach serving all different types of food and quite a few bars for drinks and snacks as well. There are many heladerĂ­as that everyone raves about so I am looking forward to trying some ice-cream soon! Tomorrow I am planning on going to the beach after class as we are doing excursions over the weekend so I won´t be going then.

Well, I am off to the shop now to buy a massive bottle of water and lug it back to the apartment, wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment